Writing ability is a core business skill that not all professionals are comfortable with. This course will teach you the tools and techniques to write clearly and concisely. Define and streamline your writing process using the path to understanding model to set the stage for audience analysis. Identify your audience and determine their needs in order to adapt your style and tailor powerful messages that are appropriate in format and tone. Structure your content to support objectives. Create powerful openings and conclusions, and construct compelling sentences and paragraphs to retain attention. Recognize and correct common grammar mistakes as you review and edit using the 6 Cs method. From business announcements to executive summaries, learn to refine your business writing style to get the results you need.
- Write clear, concise, and organized emails
- Write well-structured briefs and reports
- Identify the characteristics of a well-written proposal
- Select the most appropriate modality for your message
- Apply best practices and grammar rules to your writing
- Assess audience needs
- Plan content based on scenarios
- Build effective sentences and turn them into paragraphs
- Peer review/proofread documents
Who Can Benefit
Business professionals, IT Project Managers, Project Managers, Project Coordinators, IT Project staff, Business Analysts, System Analysts, IT directors
We highly recommend to bring a laptop to class should you prefer working on your device or bring an external drive if you wish to save the documents that will be completed during the in-class exercises.