In order to provide solutions that deliver true business value in today's complex and ever-changing business environment, technical consultants need to have strong relationships with their clients and the partners they work with. For externally-facing consultants, this is primarily driven by organizations moving from providing commodity products to providing professional services and complete solutions. Internally, the heightened need for strong relationships is also the result of solutions becoming more complex and integrated with business processes.
This means that to succeed, consultants not only need to be experts in their field, they also have to be able to build strong relationships with an increasingly diverse group of stakeholders and communicate effectively with those clients and partners. This two-day workshop helps consultants learn practical skills and techniques that can be applied immediately so they can build the right relationship the right way.
- Prioritize your individual and organizational relationships
- Assess the current and desired level of a relationship
- Describe the impact of customer service on relationships
- Build rapport and trust
- Increase the success of an interaction by using the Strategic Questioning Process
- Identify and apply short-term and longer-term tactics to achieve your relationship goals
Who Can Benefit
Anyone in an internal or external consulting role
Other technical professionals who would like to improve the outcomes of their consulting engagements by:
- Being more client-oriented
- Communicating more effectively with clients and other stakeholders
- Developing a deeper understanding of a cliens business and needs
- Being able to clearly articulate the relevant business value delivered through their solutions and services
Self-study on the consulting skills portal prior to class.