In this course, you will be introduced to the project management life cycle and key project management concepts of constraints, stakeholders, scope, risk, and communication.
Students pursuing a university-recognized and/or accredited certificate in Canada or continuing education units in the US must attend at least 90% of class time, participate in class exercises and section-knowledge checks, and score at least 70% on an end-of-class, multiple-choice assessment.
- Roles and responsibilities of a project manager
- Project management terminology as you apply basic project management concepts
- Essential management skills and techniques of project management
- Common project challenges
- How you can play a more active role in supporting a project
Who Can Benefit
- Project team members who want to perform basic project management tasks on their projects or teams
- Business analysts who are working toward their Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBA) certification
- Anyone interested in becoming a project manager or exploring it as a career
- Anyone who works with project managers, such as IT staff, functional managers and team members, sales representatives, and administrative personnel.