This course includes Cisco Training Exclusives
Accelerate your Cisco learning experience with complimentary access to the IT Skills Video On-Demand Library, Boson practice exams, Introduction to Cybersecurity digital learning course, course recordings, IT Resource Library, and digital courseware.
DCICT - Introducing Cisco Data Center Technologies v6.2 prepares students for the Cisco CCNA Data Center certification and for associate-level data center roles. The course covers foundational knowledge, skills, and technologies including networking technologies, data center network virtualization, unified computing, data center automation and orchestration, and Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI). The hands-on lab exercises focus on configuring features in Cisco NX-OS Software, Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS), and Cisco UCS Director.
- Describe switch virtualization
- Describe machine virtualization
- Describe network virtualization, including overlays, virtual switches, and the Cisco Nexus 1000V solution.
- Describe Cisco FabricPath
- Describe Cisco Fabric Extender (FEX) connectivity
- Describe Ethernet port channels and virtual port channels (vPC)
- Describe Cisco unified fabric
- Identify Cisco UCS components
- Describe Cisco UCS organizational hierarchy and role-based access control (RBAC)
- Describe how to deploy servers in Cisco UCS
- Describe the purpose and advantages of application programming interfaces (API)
- Describe cloud computing basic concepts
- Describe Cisco UCS Director, its functional blocks and deployment models
- Describe Cisco UCS Director Orchestration features: policies, virtual data centers, workflows, and catalogs.
- Describe Cisco ACI, traffic forwarding through the Cisco ACI fabric, as well as programming and orchestration capabilities
- Explain traffic forwarding mechanisms in Cisco ACI
- Describe programmability and orchestration capabilities of Cisco ACI
Who Can Benefit
- Network Designer
- Network Administrator
- Network Engineer
- System Engineer
- Consulting System Engineer
- Technical Solutions Architect
- Cisco Integrator/Partners
The knowledge, skills, and attitudes that a learner is expected to have before attending this course include:
- Good understanding of networking protocols
- Good understanding of the VMware environment