This course includes Cisco Training Exclusives
This course is a combination of the Cisco UCS B-Series and C-Series troubleshooting courses. In this course, you will prepare to implement and maintain Cisco Unified Computing System hardware. You will learn to identify and configure the features available with Cisco UCS B-Series and C-Series products.
You will also cover the relevant features added by Cisco UCS code version 2.2. You will receive an overview of the new hardware available with this release, namely the Cisco 6248 Fabric Interconnects, 2208 IOMs, and 1240 and 1280 VICs. You will gain the knowledge and hands-on experience to properly install, configure, and troubleshoot UCS B-Series servers in conjunction with UCS C-Series servers operating in standalone mode.
The extended hours of this course (8:30am - 6:00pm each day) provide you with the most complete training experience possible, ensuring you have time to absorb and fully grasp the in-depth content that will be covered.
- Configure and troubleshot the Cisco UCS Fabric Interconnect via GUI
- Configure and troubleshoot the Cisco UCS Fabric Interconnect via CLI
- Configure and troubleshoot IOM to Fabric Interconnect connections
- Configure and troubleshoot VLANS and VSANS
- Configure and trouble shoot all aspects of a Service Profile, and Service Profile assignment via GUI and CLI
- UCS benefits, connectivity configuration, management, and maintenance
- Stateless computing and unified fabric
- MACROBUTTON NoMaro UCS Series product platform with an emphasis on feature support
- Initial setup, configuration, and connectivity to ensure proper Cisco Integrated Management Controller (CIMC) operation
- UCS Series troubleshooting methodology and common configuration challenges
- CIMC utilities that enable performance validation and facilitate data gathering activities for troubleshooting purposes
- Download firmware updates by using Host Upgrade Utility (HUU)
- Perform server BIOS updates with various methods
- Update the server BIOS by using the EFI shell
- Features and benefits of the UCS C-Series P81E Virtual Interface Card (VIC)
- Perform the proper network (LAN) configuration steps for the P81E VIC
- Troubleshoot issues and recommended solutions for the UCS Series P81E VIC
- Cisco VIC P81E SAN configuration and vHBA properties
- Fibre Channel over Ethernet Initialization Protocol (FIP) and validate its proper configuration
- SAS extender and expander options for the C-Series servers
- Install an operating system onto a local disk and using a SAN boot on B and C series servers
- Common device driver and operating system troubleshooting issues and their recommended solutions
- Execute the password recovery process for UCS Series server CIMC and BIOS passwords
- Configure management access to the UCS C-Series server through the LAN on Motherboard and NIC ports
- Configure the UCS C-Series Intelligent Peripheral Management Interface (IPMI) for management access
- Configure the UCS C-Series Serial over LAN (SoL) service
- Components required to complete UCS C-Series integration with UCS Manager v2.0
- Configure the Fabric Interconnect and Fabric Extender for a UCS C-Series server
- Configure the UCS C-Series server to operate as part of a UCS Manager v2.0 instance
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot the Nexus 1000v
Who Can Benefit
Cisco UCS Engineers and Administrators who need to understand, configure and troubleshoot the UCS B and C series servers.
Understanding of server system design/architecture and Cisco Enterprise Data Center Architecture Familiarity with Ethernet and TCP/IP networking. Understand fundamentals of Data Center servers.