Network Programmability for the Data Center (NPDC) v1.0 is a four-day instructor led course. This course teaches how to automate an end-to-end Cisco Data Center consisting of Nexus 7000 and 9000 switches. This course also includes Cisco ACI and UCS platforms using state of the art Model Driven API’s. Applying CCIEstyle learning methods, the course places emphasis on learning via hands-on labs and hands-on demonstrations. The terms “proof-by-Python” and “proof-by-JSON or XML” will be used frequently throughout the course.
- Use Linux tools that empower network programmers
- Write and troubleshoot Python scripts in the specialized area of Network Programmability
- Understand and interact with Data Models (both the Cisco Managed Object Model and YANG models) on Nexus switches, the ACI APIC and the UCS
- Understand and interact with REST, NETCONF and RESTCONF API’s on Nexus switches, the ACI APIC and the UCS
- Understand and interact with XML and JSON on Nexus switches, the ACI APIC and the UCS
- Learn how to use DevOps tools such as GitHub, VIRL and services offered by Cisco DevNet
- Survey the capabilities of OpenStack and Cisco CloudCenter
Who Can Benefit
This course is designed for Data Center engineers who want to learn how to deploy network programmability and automation using the following Cisco platforms: the NEXUS 7000, the NEXUS 9000 in both NXOS-mode and ACI mode, the ACI APIC and the UCS.
- CCNP or Equivalent Experience
- Complete the Programming for Network Engineers (PRNE) ELT or equivalent Python programming experience such as the Skyline-ATS IPWSP-NE course.