This is a self-study technical course aligned with the topics covered by the NPDEV exam, leading to the Cisco Network Programmability Developer Specialist Certification. This course is for software developers looking to automate network infrastructure and/or utilize APIs and toolkits to interface with SDN controllers and individual devices.
- Learn the basics of networking, IPv4 and IPv6 addressing and sub-netting, functions of infrastructure components in a network, and the need for network programmability
- Review data handling and formats
- Learn about Cisco ACI, APIC-EM and Open SDN Controller technologies and conceptual frameworks, as well as how to make REST and Python requests
- Learn about Cisco NSO framework and how to make REST, YANG, and Python requests
- Interpret and produce code to deploy configurations to multiple devices using RESTConf and NETConf
- Identify available network programmability developer tools and Cisco virtual platforms