This course includes Cisco Training Exclusives
Accelerate your Cisco learning experience with complimentary access to the IT Skills Video On-Demand Library, Boson practice exams, Introduction to Cybersecurity digital learning course, course recordings, IT Resource Library, and digital courseware.
Learn how to install, operate, configure and verify a basic IPv4 and IPv6 network, including configuring a LAN switch, configuring an IP router, managing network devices, and identifying basic security threats.
This course will enable you to:
- Prepare for the entry-level CCENT certification, which is the foundation for Cisco associate-level certifications.
- Obtain foundational understanding of network layers 1-3 that are applicable to core routing and switching, plus other advanced technologies.
- Understand the interactions and network functions of firewalls, wireless controllers and access points.
- Support Cisco network deployments and maintain these services in an on-going operational network.
Why take ICND1?
The goal of the course is to develop basic routing and switching networking skills to configure, monitor and troubleshoot Cisco networks. Its also step one in a two-step journey to achieve the CCNA Routing and Switching certification. The follow-on course, Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices, Part 2 (ICND2) v3.0, covers topics in more depth and teaches you how to perform basic troubleshooting steps in enterprise branch office networks.
- Lab time:
- 60 hours total over 180 days
- Labs are one to one and on Virtual Machines
- Be sure to logout of labs during class. Any remaining lab time can be used after class for additional practice and review
- Network fundamentals and build simple LANs
- Establish Internet connectivity
- Manage and secure network devices
- Expand small- to medium-sized networks
- IPv6 basics
Who Can Benefit
- Network administrators
- Network support engineers
- Network engineer associate
- Network specialist
- Network analyst
- Cisco channel partners
- Individuals pursing the CCNA Routing and Switching certification
- Basic computer literacy
- Basic PC operating system navigation skills
- Basic Internet usage skills
- Basic address knowledge