This course includes Cisco Training Exclusives
Accelerate your Cisco learning experience with complimentary access to the IT Skills Video On-Demand Library, Boson practice exams, Introduction to Cybersecurity digital learning course, course recordings, IT Resource Library, and digital courseware.
In this course, you will gain the knowledge and skills needed to plan, implement, and monitor a scalable routed network. You will focus on routing protocols for both IPv4 and IPv6: EIGRP and OSPF for an enterprise and BGP for enterprise Internet connectivity. You will also learn how to redistribute routes, implement path control, and secure Cisco routers.
For on-demand learning, you will have access to this course for 12 months from the purchase date.
This course includes 30 Cisco e-Lab credits.Your e-Lab credits are good for 90 days after your course ends and can be used for additional practice on the course you just completed or to explore technologies from other courses in the e-Lab portfolio.Learn more.
- Routing protocols, network technologies, and remote connectivity options
- RIPng in an IPv6 environment
- Technologies, operations, and metrics that EIGRP uses
- Configure and verify EIGRP in IPv4 and IPv6 environments including optimizing its behavior and named EIGRP configuration
- Multiarea OSPF including over different network types and how to optimize its database
- Configure and verify OSPFv2 in IPv4 environments and OSPFv3 in IPv4 and IPv6 environments
- Route redistribution and how it is implemented using distribute list, prefix list, and route map filtering mechanisms
- Use Cisco Express Forwarding for efficient Layer 3 packet forwarding
- Implement path control using policy based routing and IP Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Establishing enterprise Internet connectivity for IPv4 and IPv6
- BGP for enterprise IPv4 and IPv6 Internet connectivity
- Secure Cisco routers according to best practices including the configuring routing protocol authentication
Who Can Benefit
- Network engineers and technicians
- Support engineers
- Systems engineers
- Network analysts
- Senior network administrators
- Anyone involved in planning, implementing, verifying, and troubleshooting routing protocols in enterprise networks
- Taking ICND1 v2.0 and ICND2 v2.0 (or CCNAX v2.0) is highly recommended
- Know how to:
- Configure network fundamentals, including the ability to establish Internet, LAN, and WAN connectivity using both IPv4 and IPv6
- Operate and support a medium-sized LAN that has multiple switches, including VLANs, trunking, and spanning tree functionality
- Troubleshoot IPv4 and IPv6 connectivity issues
- Configure and troubleshoot EIGRP and OSPF, for both IPv4 and IPv6
- Configure devices for SNMP, Syslog, and NetFlow
- Manage network device security, Cisco device configurations, Cisco IOS images, and licenses