This is a Professional-level self-study technical course in the curriculum for the CCNP Security certification. It is designed to prepare security engineers with the knowledge and hands-on experience so that they can deploy Cisco’s Identity Services Engine and 802.1X secure network access. The goal of the course is to provide students with foundational knowledge and the capabilities to implement and managed network access security by utilizing Cisco ISE appliance product solution. The student will gain hands-on experience with configuring various advance Cisco security solutions for mitigating outside threats and securing devices connecting to the network. At the end of the course, students will be able to reduce the risk to their IT infrastructures and applications using Cisco’s ISE appliance feature and provide operational support identity and network access control.
- Understand Cisco Identity Services Engine architecture and access control capabilities.
- Understand 802.1X architecture, implementation and operation.
- Understand commonly implemented Extensible Authentication Protocols (EAP).
- Implement Public-Key Infrastructure with ISE.
- Understand the implement Internal and External authentication databases.
- Implement MAC Authentication Bypass.
- Implement identity based authorization policies.
- Understand Cisco TrustSec features.
- Implement Web Authentication and Guest Access.
- Implement ISE Posture service.
- Implement ISE Profiling.
- Understand Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) with ISE.
- Troubleshoot ISE.
Who Can Benefit
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Security certification
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system