This course includes Cisco Training Exclusives
Accelerate your Cisco learning experience with complimentary access to the IT Skills Video On-Demand Library, Boson practice exams, Introduction to Cybersecurity digital learning course, course recordings, IT Resource Library, and digital courseware.
In this course, you will learn about the design, implementation, and monitoring of a comprehensive security policy using Cisco IOS security features and technologies as examples. You will also learn about security controls of Cisco IOS devices as well as a functional introduction to the Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA). This course enables you to perform basic tasks to secure a network using Cisco IOS security features, which are available through web-based GUIs on the Cisco ASA, and the command-line interface (CLI) on Cisco routers and switches.
Site-to-site virtual private network (VPN) configuration is covered on both the Cisco IOS and the Cisco ASA. Modern malware examples are included in this course as are cryptographic techniques using stronger hashing and encryption algorithms. Current versions of Cisco IOS, Cisco ASA, and Cisco AnyConnect are featured.
Thiscoursesupports a certification that is a DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certification and meetsDoD 8140/8570 training requirements.
- Common network security concepts
- Secure routing and switching infrastructure
- Deploy basic authentication, authorization, and accounting services
- Deploy basic firewalling services
- Deploy basic site-to-site and remote access VPN services
- Advanced security services such as intrusion protection, content security and identity management
- Develop a comprehensive network security policy to counter threats against information security
- Configure routers with Cisco IOS software security features, including management and reporting functions
- Bootstrap the Cisco ASA Firewall for use in a production network
- Configure the Cisco ASA Firewall for remote access to a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) VPN
- Configure a Cisco IOS zone-based firewall (ZBF) to perform basic security operations on a network
- Configure site-to-site VPNs using Cisco IOS features
- Configure security features on IOS switches to mitigate various Layer 2 and Layer 3 attacks
- How a network can be compromised using freely available tools
- Implement line passwords, and enable passwords and secrets
- Examine authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) concepts and features using the local database as well as Cisco Secure ACS 5.2
- Configure packet filtering on the perimeter router
Who Can Benefit
- Network designers
- Network, systems, and security engineers
- Network and security managers
- Working knowledge of the Windows operating system
- Working knowledge of Cisco IOS networking and concepts