This course includes Cisco Training Exclusives
This three-day course features Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) essentials for B-Series Blade Servers and provides the path to mastering the entire Cisco UCS technology portfolio. You will learn about C-Series Rack Servers, virtual switching on VMware, as well as troubleshooting.
You will also learn about the physical and logical architecture of the Cisco UCS, including UCS LAN and SAN fundamentals, and the basics of UCS B-Series operations. You will learn how to install Cisco UCS Fabric Interconnects and Blade Server Chassis. Upgrading firmware, creating identity and physical resource pools, service profile templates, policies, and deploying servers in a stateless computing environment are also covered in this course. You will also learn to perform day-to-day operations from monitoring logs to performing back-ups. The course features an introduction to Cisco UCS Central 1.1 and UCS PowerTools 1.0.
- Evolution of a modern data center
- Components of the Cisco UCS Server portfolio
- System management, maintenance, and high-availability (HA) services for Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Servers with UCS Manager 2.2(1d)
- Configure Cisco UCS stateless computing using resource pools, templates, policies, and Service Profiles
- Overview of firmware management
- Configuration backup and import
- Monitoring and logging within the UCS Manager GUI
Who Can Benefit
Professionals wanting to learn the essential elements of the Cisco UCS