This fast-paced administration course covers the major aspects of installing, configuring and managing a highly available XenApp and XenDesktop 7.1x environment as well as a full Provisioning Services 7.1x environment for image management. Gain an understanding of the solution architecture and communications, and the factors that contribute to a su ccessful deployment. This accelerated 5-day course will teach you how to deploy and deliver apps and desktops (MCS and PVS); install and configure StoreFront and Citrix Receiver; set up profile management; and configure policies, printing and basic security features. Also learn how to monitor and troubleshoot the environment with Citrix Director.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Foundational knowledge of XenApp and XenDesktop required to be successful with the platform
- How to install, configure, and manage a highly available XenApp and XenDesktop site
- How to deploy and deliver apps and desktops to end users using both Machine Creation Services (MCS) and Provisioning Services (PVS) on Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016
- How to manage the end-user experience through policies and settings including profiles and printing
- How to install, configure, and manage a highly available Provisioning Services infrastructure for image management
Who Can Benefit
Built for IT Professionals who need to install, configure, and manage XenApp, XenDesktop, and Provisioning Services. This course is taught at a much faster pace and experience with previous versions is recommended. It is an appropriate starting point or a refresher on version 7.1x for administrators, engineers, and architects. For a less intensive training yet thorough training, Citrix recommends starting with the CXD-210 XenApp and XenDesktop 7.1x Administration course.
This course requires little to no previous experience with the 7.x version of the platform; however, Citrix recommends completing the free XenApp and XenDesktop Introduction bundle at eLearning.citrix.com. Previous knowledge of legacy versions of XenApp or XenDesktop is also beneficial due to the faster pace of this course.