Cloudera University’s four-day data analyst training course focusing on Apache Pig and Hive and Cloudera Impala will teach you to apply traditional data analytics and business intelligence skills to big data. Cloudera presents the tools data professionals need to access, manipulate, transform, and analyze complex data sets using SQL and familiar scripting languages.
Through instructor-led discussion and interactive, hands-on exercises, participants will navigate the Hadoop ecosystem, learning topics such as:
- The features that Pig, Hive, and Impala offer for data acquisition, storage, and analysis
- The fundamentals of Apache Hadoop and data ETL (extract, transform, load), ingestion, and processing with Hadoop tools
- How Pig, Hive, and Impala improve productivity for typical analysis tasks
- Joining diverse datasets to gain valuable business insight
- Performing real-time, complex queries on datasets
This course is designed for data analysts, business intelligence specialists, developers, system architects, and database administrators. Knowledge of SQL is assumed, as is basic Linux command-line familiarity. Knowledge of at least one scripting language (e.g., Bash scripting, Perl, Python, Ruby) would be helpful but is not essential. Prior knowledge of Apache Hadoop is not required.