Cloudera University’s four-day administrator training course for Apache Hadoop provides participants with a comprehensive understanding of all the steps necessary to operate and maintain a Hadoop cluster using Cloudera Manager. From installation and configuration through load balancing and tuning, Cloudera’s training course is the best preparation for the real-world challenges faced by Hadoop administrators.
Through instructor-led discussion and interactive, hands-on exercises, participants will navigate the Hadoop ecosystem, learning topics such as:
- Cloudera Manager features that make managing your clusters easier, such as aggregated logging, configuration management, resource management, reports, alerts, and service management
- Configuring and deploying production-scale clusters that provide key Hadoop-related services, including YARN, HDFS, Impala, Hive, Spark, Kudu, and Kafka
- Determining the correct hardware and infrastructure for your cluster
- Proper cluster configuration and deployment to integrate with the data center
- Ingesting, storing, and accessing data in HDFS, Kudu, and cloud object stores such as Amazon S3
- How to load file-based and streaming data into the cluster using Kafka and Flume
- Configuring automatic resource management to ensure service-level agreements are met for multiple users of a cluster
- Best practices for preparing, tuning, and maintaining a production cluster
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and solving cluster issues
Who Can Benefit
This course is best suited to systems administrators and IT managers who have basic Linux experience. Prior knowledge of Apache Hadoop is not required.