This OnDemand offering provides you with a 180-day subscription that begins on the date of purchase.
- How to define, assign, and access variables
- Which collection types are commonly used, how they differ, and how to use them
- How to control program flow using conditional statements, looping, iteration, and exception handling
- How to define and use both named and anonymous (Lambda) functions
- How to organize code into separate modules
- How to use important features of standard Python libraries, including mathematical and regular expression support
This course is intended for students who need to become familiar with Python before progressing to one of the Cloudera developer classes. Familiarity with Java programming, object-oriented programming, and basic computer science concepts is suggested in order to get the most out of this course. However, the class does not refer specifically to big data, data analytics, Cloudera software, or Hadoop, so no experience in those areas is needed.