The Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI) course delivers the security discipline of digital forensics from a vendor-neutral perspective. CHFI is a comprehensive course covering major forensic investigation scenarios and the course enables students to acquire necessary hands-on experience with various forensic investigation techniques and standard forensic tools necessary to successfully carryout a computer forensic investigation leading to prosecution of perpetrators.
The CHFI certification will give participates (Law enforcement personnel, system administrators, security officers, defense and military personnel, legal professionals, bankers, security professionals, and anyone who is concerned about the integrity of the network infrastructure.) the necessary skills to perform an effective digital forensics investigation.
CHFI presents a methodological approach to computer forensics including searching and seizing, chain-of-custody, acquisition, preservation, analysis and reporting of digital evidence.
- Certification exam voucher included
Students going through CHFI training will learn to:
- Establish threat intelligence and key learning points to support pro-active profiling and scenario modeling
- Perform anti-forensic methods detection
- Perform post-intrusion analysis of electronic and digital media to determine the who, where, what, when, and how the intrusion occurred
- Extract and analyze of logs from various devices like proxy, firewall, IPS, IDS, Desktop, laptop, servers, SIM tool, router, firewall, switches AD server, DHCP logs, Access Control Logs & conclude as part of investigation process.
- Identify & check the possible source / incident origin.
- Recover deleted files and partitions in Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
- Conduct reverse engineering for known and suspected malware files
- Collect data using forensic technology methods in accordance with evidence handling procedures, including collection of hard copy and electronic documents
Who Can Benefit
- Law Enforcement
- Defense & Military
- e-Business Security
- Systems Administrators
- Legal Professionals
- Banking & Insurance
- Government Agencies
- IT Managers