This Specialist-level course is targeted for storage/cloud infrastructure administrators requiring in-depth knowledge and practical lab work with EMC VNX Unified Storage systems. This intensive training covers all the key elements of SAN/IP-SAN (block access) and NAS (file access) deployment.
You will cover a wide range of topics in detail, and you'll participate in hands-on lab exercises that reinforce the concepts, including:
Integrating VNX block access for open systems hosts (Linux, Windows, and VMware ESXi) through FC, iSCSI, and FCoE connectivity options Configuring VNX file-level access for Microsoft Windows and Linux, user/application environments via network file system (NFS) and common Internet file system (CIFS) environments Initial storage system configuration, security, and availability using Unisphere NAS configurations, including file system creation and export in Linux, VMware ESXi, and Microsoft Windows environments Implementing local replications solutions
The course covers a wide range of topics in detail, and includes hands-on lab exercises that reinforce the concepts covered in lectures. It is strongly recommended that only participants with the necessary prerequisite skill set attend this course.
- Implement Unisphere security
- Provision and manage host access to block storage
- Perform basic host integration tasks for block storage
- Integrate Microsoft Windows, Linux and ESXi hosts to VNX block storage
- Configure and manage advanced storage features such as FAST VP and FAST Cache
- Configure networking for VNX file-level access
- Configure VNX file systems
- Export VNX file systems for NFS and CIFS access
- Create and manage Virtual Data Movers
- Configure and manager VNX local replication solutions - SnapView, VNX Snapshots, and SnapSure
Who Can Benefit
This course is intended for information technology professionals responsible for the configuration, deployment and management of VNX Block, File, and/or Unified storage systems in heterogeneous host environments.