This course shows you how to design and develop cloud-native applications, ones that aren't just cloud ready or cloud hosted but that take maximum advantage of the cloud. It teaches practices for developing cloud applications, using Java EE as the primary programming language. You also learn how to deploy these applications using Bluemix, with its platform capabilities, PaaS capabilities, and its services.
After you complete this course, you can perform the following tasks:
- Explain in detail the characteristics of a cloud-native application
- Describe Cloud Adoption Pattern to use application in cloud
- List the twelve factors for application in cloud
- Apply best practices to architect a cloud-native application using Java EE
- Design microservices as the building block for your application
- Use various data sources that can be used by your Bluemix application
- Describe and apply security for your cloud-based application
Who Can Benefit
This course is designed for application developers who are responsible for designing and building applications in cloud-based environments, such as IBM Bluemix.
Before taking this course, you should have the following skills:
- Basic Java EE architecture and development skills
- Basic cloud concepts