This course is also available as self-paced virtual (e-learning) course Creating, Publishing, and Securing APIs with IBM API Connect (ZD508G). This option does not require any travel.
This course teaches you how to create, publish, and secure APIs with IBM API Connect V5.0.8. You learn how to use the Developer Toolkit to define an API interface according to the OpenAPI specification. You assemble message processing policies in the API Designer web application and define client authorization schemes, such as OAuth 2.0, in the API definition. You build a Node.js API application with the LoopBack framework. You also package, stage, and publish an API with product and plan.
For information about other related courses, see the IBM Training website:
- Create APIs with the API Connect toolkit
- Implement APIs with the LoopBack Node.js framework
- Validate, filter, and transform API requests and responses with message processing policies
- Authorize client API requests with security definitions
- Enforce an OAuth flow with an OAuth 2.0 Provider API
- Stage, publish, and test APIs on the API Connect cloud
Who Can Benefit
This course is designed for API developers: software developers who define and implement API operations.
Before taking this course, you should successfully complete Developing REST APIs with Node.js for IBM Bluemix (VY102G).