This course teaches new and experienced operators, administrators, and implementers of Application Performance Management v8.1.4 how to effectively use the tools to manage their enterprise monitoring needs.
IBM Cloud Application Performance Management v8.1.4 monitors the performance and availability of computer operating systems and applications
In this course, you learn about the IBM Cloud Application Performance Management architecture and how to install and configure the product. You also learn how to navigate the Cloud APM console to manage events and user access privileges. The course also covers integration with other products, such as Netcool/OMNIbus, IBM Tivoli Monitoring, and the Dashboard Application Services Hub.
The lab environment for this course uses the RHEL 7.3 and Windows 2012 Server platforms.
For information about other related courses, visit the IBM Training website:
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the overall solution
- Install and configure the Cloud APM server
- Install, configure, and manage operating system agents
- Administer Cloud APM, including:
- Custom views
- LDAP integration
- Monitor events
- Deploy and monitor the end user experience
- Deploy and monitor applications with synthetic transactions
- Deploy and monitor application resources
- Track transactions through application components
- Configure and perform deep-dive request analysis
- Integrate Cloud APM with other solutions
- Configure and generate reports
Who Can Benefit
This course is designed for operators, administrators, and implementers.
Before taking this course, you should be able to navigate Linux and Windows applications, and have a working knowledge of an Internet browser.