This course introduces you to the fundamental concepts of managing a Service Desk using IBM Control Desk. Through instructor-led discussion, demonstrations and hands-on labs, you learn how to create and resolve service requests, incidents and problems. You also learn to manage a service catalog, obtain user feedback through surveys, and generate reports.
You should be able to perform the following tasks:
- Describe the features and applications of the Service Desk and Service Catalog
- Explain the purpose and goals of request fulfillment, incident management, and problem management processes
- Handle an issue from initial report to resolution using the Service Desk
- Follow an offering from shopping to fulfillment using the Service Catalog
Who Can Benefit
This course is designed for anyone who implements or uses IBM Control Desk for Service Desk and Service Catalog functions, or anyone working with Service Requests, Incidents or Problems.
Before taking this course, you should have the following skills:
- At a minimum, intermediate computer skills
- The ability to visualize complex scenarios