This course introduces the fundamental concepts of managing the lifecycle of IT assets using IBM SmartCloud Control Desk. Managing the lifecycle of your IT assets helps you control costs and optimize IT asset utilization. You learn how to track and manage physical assets from procurement to disposal. You also learn how to manage software licenses to mitigate license and regulatory compliance risks.
This 3-day hands-on course includes lectures, discussions, demonstrations, and a wide variety of exercises.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course.
- Describe the features and applications to manage IT assets in IBM SmartCloud Control Desk
- Explain the different stages of the IT asset lifecycle
- Manage the lifecycle of an asset
- Manage software licenses
Who Can Benefit
This intermediate course is for project teams, system administrators, implementers, consultants, and anyone else who wishes to learn how to use the features and functions of IBM SmartCloud Control Desk to manage hardware and software.
You should have:
- General knowledge of IBM SmartCloud Control Desk
- Understanding of IBM SmartCloud Control Desk foundation data concepts
- Ability to navigate IBM SmartCloud Control Desk
It is recommended that you complete:
- IBM SmartCloud Control Desk 7.5 Foundations (TP350)
- IBM License Metric Tool 7.5 (SPVC) (TOS27)