Learn to administer an IBM FileNet Content Manager 5.2.1 system. Starting with an overview of the system use-cases and
architecture, you learn how to configure content storage repositories, metadata, and security. You learn how to migrate your
IBM FileNet P8 applications between environments, how to optimize search performance, how to use the powerful sweep
framework to automate administration tasks, and how to manage the system log files.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course.
- Identify components, features, and common use cases for IBM FileNet Component Manager.
- Find the core web applications that make up IBM FileNet Content Manager.
- Use Administration Console for Content Platform Engine (ACCE) to find properties within the Global Configuration database.
- Use ACCE to find folders, classes, and property templates in an object store.
- Build a FileNet P8 Repository
- Use System Configuration Tool to create JDBC data sources for an object store.
- Create an object store.
- Add the object store as a repository to IBM Content Navigator.
- Identify types of content storage areas.
- Create a file storage area.
- Create a file storage policy.
- Work with object metadata
- Create a document class.
- Create a folder class.
- Create property templates.
- Create choice lists.
- Modify classes, properties, choice lists.
- Create an event subscription with an action.
- Update an existing event subscription with a new code module.
- Use a workflow subscription.
- Resolve logon failures
- Verify object store access
- Change security on a document
- Change the owner of a document
- Customize document access
- Configure object store security
- Configure class and property security
- Configure security inheritance
- Optimize search performance
- Configure a text search server
- Select a Property for an Index Partition.
- Configure a String Index Partition.
- Configure a Date Index Partition.
- Configure Content Based Retrieval
- Configure an Index Area
- Check Indexing Logs
- Optimize CBR queries
- Perform searches with bulk actions.
- Perform a batch action.
- Migrate applications
- Describe the process of moving FileNet P8 applications between environments.
- Plan and prepare for application migration.
- Export the application assets.
- Convert the assets for import.
- Analyze the impact of the import to the destination environment.
- Import the application assets into the destination environment.
- Automate FileNet P8 asset migration with the FileNet Deployment Manager command line interface.
- Manage sweep jobs
- Move documents from one storage area to another with a Bulk Move Content Job.
- Configure a disposal policy.
- Configure a content migration policy.
- Auditing and logging
- Monitor system logs
- Enable/disable trace logging for troubleshooting
- Create audit definitions
- View audit entries
- Prune audit entries
Who Can Benefit
This course is intended for system administrators.
P8 terminology, including: Content Platform Engine, IBM Content Navigator, object stores, objects, Content Services, Process Services.
Using IBM Content Navigator to work with content.
Configuring desktops in IBM Content Navigator.
Recommended prerequisite course (or equivalent knowledge): IBM Content Navigator 22.214.171.124: Introduction (F270G).