This IBM Self-Paced Virtual Class (SPVC) includes:
- PDF course guide available to attendee during and after course
- Lab environment where students can work through demonstrations and exercises at their own pace
This course is designed to introduce you to the capabilities of BigSheets. BigSheets is a component of IBM BigInsights through the Analyst and the Data Scientist module. It provides the analyst the ability to be able to visualize and analyze data stored on the HDFS using a spreadsheet type interface without any programming.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course.
- Describe how BigSheets can help with the business and technical challenges of big data
- Create BigSheets workbooks
- a. From data stored in Hadoop
- b. Directly from data generated by an application
- Use BigSheets readers to properly parse data
- Create sheets within workbooks
- List the different types of functions available when creating a new sheet
- Create charts to more easily visualize BigSheets results
- Export BigSheets data to a web browser or a file in HDFS
- Integrate workbooks with Big SQL tables
- List the geospatial capabilities in BigSheets
Who Can Benefit
This intermediate course is designed for business analysts who do not want to deal with any coding to get insight on their data.
You should have:
- Familiarity with Hadoop and the Linux file system.
- Although not required, it would also be helpful for students to take the IBM BigInsights Overview (DW613G) to have a better understanding of how BigSheets fit into everything.
Student can attend many free courses at www.bigdatauniversity.com to acquire the necessary requirements