This IBM Web-Based Training (WBT) is Self-Paced and includes:
- Instructional content available online for duration of course
- Visuals without hands-on lab exercises
The IBM Optim Data Growth for z/OS course is designed to enable the students to successfully develop and execute an archiving strategy. This course provides a conceptual understanding of the data growth issue, as well as the Optim Solution's capabilities for managing data growth and improving the performance of critical business applications. This course serves as a foundation for the Optim Solution's features and functionality.
This course focuses on the technical aspects of the Optim Solution and is intended for technical audiences. Participants will learn the basics of how the technology works, and how the technology applies to business scenarios. This course does not include information on how to install and configure the technology. This course prepares technical users with the Optim knowledge and skills necessary to participate in an Optim archive implementation project and confidently perform Optim tasks ongoing.
Training Paths that reference this course are:
- InfoSphere Optim
- Optim Custom Solutions for z/OS - Administrator
- InfoSphere Optim
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course.
- Successfully archive and delete eligible data from a production database
- Select the correct relationship traversal options for your data model
- Choose the appropriate type of storage for your archived data
- Choose the most effective method for your business users to locate and view archived data
- Restore archived data, if required
- Define Optim Relationships and Primary Keys, if needed
- Export and Import Optim Directory objects
- Identify the factors that affect Optim performance
Who Can Benefit
This basic course is for Archive Project Leaders and project team members, who will be responsible for implementing and executing an archiving strategy for one or more applications. This would include application developers, business analysts, and DBAs who have been assigned to your archiving project.
You should have a working knowledge of:
- DB2 and relational database concepts
- DB2 SQL basics
- TSO/ISPF editing commands and job output retrieval functions