This IBM Web-Based Training (WBT) is Self-Paced and includes:
- Instructional content available online for duration of course
- Visuals without hands-on lab exercises
This online course is supplemental to (AN22G) AIX Network Installation Management Concepts and Configuration.
The new NIM features in AIX 7.2 are highlighted over other features. For example, AIX 7.2 introduces Live Update as a major feature that puts new requirements on using NIM. But, one of the key NIM features is to use HTTP in place of NFS. This course takes students through configuration, limitation, and use cases for working with NIM over HTTP.
This course puts students in the new AIX 7.2 environment, without going through the installation or upgrading processes that are described with hands-on activities in AN22G.
- Summarize NIM's new features in AIX 7.2
- Recognize key NIM configuration and requirements
- Recognize NIM over HTTP functions
- Apply steps in NIM alternate disk migration
Who Can Benefit
This course is for personnel who are:
- AIX Administrators
- Power System owners or managers
- AIX power users who work with NIM
- Previous AIX backgrounds and experiences are required
- Previous NIM backgrounds and experiences are required
- General skills in commands execution and working with user interfaces are required
- Power Systems working experiences in HMC, VIOS, and OS installation are assumed but not required