This IBM Web-Based Training (WBT) is Self-Paced and includes:
- Instructional content available online for duration of course
- Visuals without hands-on lab exercises
IBM FlashSystem 9100 system is an all-flash, powerful end-to-end Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe) enterprise storage solution that combines the performance of IBM FlashCore technology.
FlashSystem 9100 is built on the efficiency of IBM Spectrum Virtualize, and delivered on a proven IBM software solution with extremely low latencies for your multi cloud deployments.
This course introduces the FlashSystem 9100 NVMe Control Enclosure models: IBM 9846/9848 FlashSystem 9110, Model AF7 and IBM 9846/9848 FlashSystem 9150, Model AF8.
It also focuses on the integration of FlashSystem 9100 SAS-Attached expansion enclosures; scalability performance with NVMe; and the intuitive sight of IBM Storage Insights which helps optimize the storage infrastructure using predictive analytics.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course.
- Recall the history and fundamentals for IBM FlashSystem storage.
- Summarize the concept of IBM Spectrum Virtualization software features.
- Distinguish the core principles of the IBM FlashCore Technology.
- Classify the characteristics and components of the IBM FlashSystem 9100 storage systems.
- Identify the characteristics of the traditional RAID arrays and Distributed RAID arrays as part of the FlashSystem 9100 storage solution.
- Summarize the symmetric virtualization process to scale up and scale out a FlashSystem 9100 system environment.
- Summarize the virtualization process of internal and external storage systems.
Who Can Benefit
This lecture based course is for individuals who are assessing and/or planning to deploy the IBM FlashSystem 9100. Typical students may include:
- Technical IBM personnel
- Business Partner technical personnel
- IT consultants and architects
The following courses, or equivalent knowledge, are recommended prior to this course:
- Foundations of Storage (SS00DG)
- Storage Area Network Fundamentals (SN71DG)
- IBM Flash Storage Fundamental (SSFS1G)