This IBM Web-Based Training (WBT) is Self-Paced and includes:
- Instructional content available online for duration of course
- Visuals without hands-on lab exercises
IBM Spectrum Virtualize software, part of the IBM Spectrum Storage family of software and the IBM SAN Volume Controller (SVC) is an enterprise-class storage system that helps organizations improve data economics by supporting the new large scale workloads that are critical to success. SVC systems can handle massive volumes of data from mobile and social applications, enable rapid and flexible cloud services deployments, and deliver the performance and scalability needed to gain insights from the latest analytics technologies.
This one day digital course introduces the IBM Spectrum Storage Software Family with emphasis on the IBM Spectrum Virtualize software. It also introduces the latest IBM SAN Volume Controller, 2145-SV1 storage engine, and the supported IBM SAS expansion enclosures.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Recall the concepts of storage virtualization
- Define the architecture features of the latest IBM SAN Volume Controller 2145-SV1 storage engine
- Identify the architecture features of the supported IBM SAS expansion enclosures
Who Can Benefit
This course is for IBM personnel, IBM Business Partners, IT consultants and customers who are assessing and/or planning to deploy IBM System San Volume Controller Storage solutions.
The following courses or equivalent knowledge is recommended prior to this course:
- Introduction to Storage (SS01G) or
- Foundations of Storage (SS00DG)
- IBM Spectrum Virtualize - Improving Storage efficiency - (DL08004G)