IBM Spectrum Protect 8.1.2 is a data backup and recovery solution designed to help you manage your data retention, reduce the cost of storage, and provide appropriate recovery point objectives
to meet any service level agreement. IBM Spectrum Protect offers improved efficiency and flexibility using object - based data management and policy driven retention.
This five day course will focus on implementation and basic administration of a IBM Spectrum Protect environment. The hands - on lab exercises are performed on a Windows 2012
environment. The course materials include examples of AIX and Linux commands, when different from Windows.
After completing this course, you should be able to:fter completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the purpose of IBM Spectrum Protect
- Install and configure the IBM Spectrum Protect components
- Use the administrative and client interfaces
- Discuss storage methodology options and create storage pool
- Customize data movement and retention policies to meet business requirements
- Configure the IBM Spectrum Protect database and storage pools for protection
- Optimize client configuration
- Perform backup, restore, archive and retrieve operations
- Organize daily tasks required to protect the IBM Spectrum Protect environment
- Automate and monitor client and administrative tasks and events
Who Can Benefit
This lecture and exercise based course is for implementers and administrators who are new to IBM Spectrum Protect data management.
Can you answer yes to these two statements-
- Experience navigating Windows 2012
- A basic understanding of concepts regarding client/server relationships
You may wish to take Introduction to Storage prior to this class.
o Introduction to Storage (SS01G) or
o Foundations of Storage (SS00DG) - (Web)
More information is available at www.ibm.com/training