This IBM Self-Paced Virtual Class (SPVC) includes:
- PDF course guide available to attendee during and after course
- Lab environment where students can work through demonstrations and exercises at their own pace
This course will provide a technical introduction to deployment and operation of the on-premise IBM Cloud Object Storage product. Topics covered include an overview of the product, installation, operations, troubleshooting, and integration with other IBM products including Spectrum Protect.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course.
- Understand the Benefits of IBM Cloud Object Storage
- Plan the Architecture and Configuration of IBM Cloud Object Storage
- Install IBM Cloud Object Storage and Perform Initial Configuration of an On-Premise Object Storage Vault
- Perform IBM Cloud Object Storage Daily Administrative Tasks
- Monitor and Troubleshoot an IBM Cloud Object Storage On-Premise System
- Use IBM Cloud Object Storage as a Spectrum Protect Container Storage Pool
Who Can Benefit
The audience for this course is the administrator required to deploy, maintain, and support IBM Cloud Object Storage as an on-premise or hybrid cloud solution. Integration with Spectrum Protect assumes prior knowledge of that product.
Enrollment in this course is not restricted. Typical students may include:
- Technical IBM personnel
- Business Partner technical personnel
- IT consultants and architects
The course assumes basic knowledge of TCP/IP, networking, operating systems, computer security, and storage.
No prior knowledge of Object Storage or IBM Cloud Object Storage is required.
For Spectrum Protect integration, take course
- IBM Spectrum Protect 7.1.4 Implementation and Administration (TS615)