This IBM Self-Paced Virtual Class (SPVC) includes:
- PDF course guide available to attendee during and after course
- Lab environment where students can work through demonstrations and exercises at their own pace
An updated version of this course is available. For more information, click WebSphere Application Server V9 Administration (ZA590G).
This course is also available as classroom course WebSphere Application Server V8.5.5 Administration (WA855G).
This course teaches you the skills that are needed to install and administer IBM WebSphere Application Server V8.5.5. This release offers users enhanced support for standards, emerging technology, and a choice of development frameworks.
In this course, you learn how to install, configure, and maintain IBM WebSphere Application Server V8.5.5 base, Network Deployment (ND), and the Liberty profile. You learn how to deploy enterprise Java applications in a single computer or clustered configuration. In addition, you learn how to work with features of WebSphere Application Server V8.5.5, such as IBM Installation Manager, WebSphere Customization Toolbox, security enhancements, Intelligent Management, and centralized installation.
Throughout the course, hands-on exercises and demonstrations reinforce lecture content and give you practical experience with WebSphere Application Server V8.5.5. You complete tasks such as installing and assembling applications, applying problem determination techniques, configuring a clustered environment, and working with fine-grained administrative security.
For information about other related courses, visit the IBM Training website:
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course.
- Relate WebSphere Application Server to the WebSphere family of products
- Describe the features and standards in WebSphere Application Server V8.5.5
- Describe the architectural concepts that are related to WebSphere Application Server
- Install and configure WebSphere Application Server V8.5.5
- Install and configure IBM HTTP Server (IHS)
- Assemble and install server-side Java enterprise applications
- Use WebSphere administrative tools to configure and manage enterprise applications
- Use wsadmin scripting
- Configure WebSphere Application Server security
- Deploy applications in clustered environments
- View performance information about server and application components
- Use problem determination tools and log files to troubleshoot problems
- Configure messaging with the service integration bus
- Describe Intelligent Management features
- Describe WebSphere Batch features
- Describe the Liberty profile
- Install and configure the Liberty profile
Who Can Benefit
This course is designed for administrators who install, configure, and manage web-based applications on WebSphere Application Server. Web administrators, lead application developers, and application architects can also benefit from this course.
You should have:
- An understanding of basic internet concepts
- Experience in using a web browser
- Administrative skills for a web server, such as IBM HTTP Server or Apache
- Basic operational skills for the Linux operating system