This IBM Web-Based Training (WBT) is Self-Paced and includes:
- Instructional content available online for duration of course
- Visuals without hands-on lab exercises
This course teaches you the skills that you need to install IBM WebSphere Application Server V9. The course consists of recorded presentations and video demonstrations.
In this course, you learn how to install and configure IBM WebSphere Application Server V9 base. You also see how to install IBM Installation Manager 1.8.5, which is a prerequisite for installing WebSphere Application Server. Finally, you see how to install the IBM HTTP server.
Throughout the course, recorded demonstrations reinforce lecture content.
For information about other related courses, visit the IBM Training website:
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Install and configure IBM Installation Manager
- Install and configure WebSphere Application Server V9
- Install and configure IBM HTTP Server (IHS)
Who Can Benefit
This course is designed for administrators who install, configure, and manage web-based applications on WebSphere Application Server. Web administrators, lead application developers, and application architects can also benefit from this course.
Before taking this course, you should have:
- An understanding of basic internet concepts
- Experience in using a web browser
- Administrative skills for a web server, such as IBM HTTP Server or Apache
- Basic operational skills for the Linux operating system