This IBM Self-Paced Virtual Class (SPVC) includes:
- PDF course guide available to attendee during and after course
- Lab environment where students can work through demonstrations and exercises at their own pace
This course is also available as classroom course Administration of IBM Business Process Manager Standard V8.5.6 (WB821G).
This course teaches IBM BPM administrators how to install, configure, and administer IBM Business Process Manager Standard V8.5.6. You learn about IBM Business Process Manager Standard architecture, concepts, and terminology. You also learn how to deploy and manage business applications and how to troubleshoot the environment. This is an interactive class with hands-on lab exercises.
For information about other related courses, visit the IBM Training website:
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Configure and administer a Process Center environment
- Configure and administer a Process Server environment
- Describe the purpose and business value of the tools included in IBM Business Process Manager Standard V8.5.6: IBM Process Server and IBM Process Center
- Describe IBM Business Process Manager Standard architecture, concepts, and terminology
- Describe the deployment considerations for IBM Business Process Manager Standard components
- Create a Process Center clustered environment by using the Deployment Environment wizard
- Create a Process Server clustered environment by using the BPMConfig utility
- Deploy and manage process applications
- Work with the administrative console and management tools
- Deploy applications to an offline and online Process Server environment
- Archive and purge in an IBM Business Process Manager environment
- Integrate with security providers to secure the environment
- Troubleshoot the environment
Who Can Benefit
This course is designed for systems administrators, solutions administrators, and operators who install, configure, manage, and troubleshoot the environment.
Before taking this course, you should have a general knowledge of:
- The Linux operating system
- Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) and Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- Administering multi-tier business applications
- Managing WebSphere Application Server
- Managing a database server, such as DB2, MS SQL Server, or Oracle database