This course provides an introduction to WebSphere eXtreme Scale V8.6. WebSphere eXtreme Scale operates as an in-memory data grid that dynamically manages application data and business logic across multiple servers. It provides architects and developers with a solution for addressing scalability and performance issues through advanced caching and grid technology.
The course covers the basic architecture of WebSphere eXtreme Scale and administrative concepts that are related to it. It begins with an overview of the WebSphere eXtreme Scale product and grid technology. You then learn how to install WebSphere eXtreme Scale, design a topology, and determine sizing requirements. You also learn how to offload HTTP sessions to WebSphere eXtreme Scale solutions, and use the WebSphere eXtreme Scale dynacache plugin for WebSphere.
Note: This self-study course contains lecture content only. It does not include any hands-on labs, recordings, or demonstrations.
For information about other related courses, visit the IBM Training website:
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course.
- Explain the features of the WebSphere eXtreme Scale product
- Describe cache scenarios that can effectively use WebSphere eXtreme Scale
- Describe the architecture and topologies of WebSphere eXtreme Scale environments
- Explain the design considerations that are involved in designing an eXtreme Scale solution
- Describe how to offload HTTP sessions to WebSphere eXtreme Scale
- Describe the WebSphere eXtreme Scale dynacache plugin for WebSphere
- Identify WebSphere eXtreme Scale design and sizing requirements
- Use the WebSphere eXtreme Scale web console
Who Can Benefit
This basic course is designed for independent software vendors, systems integrators, system administrators, architects, and developers who develop or architect solutions by using IBM WebSphere eXtreme Scale.
You should have experience in administering web applications.