This course requires you to use your own computing device with the Windows, Linux, or Mac OS X operating system. You download and configure freely available software as part of the hands-on exercises. You use the IBM Bluemix and DevOps environments to complete the exercises. At the end of the course, you have a working runtime environment that you can continue to use.
In this course, you learn how to build Liberty applications and push them to a Liberty Server instance on Bluemix. You also learn how to integrate Bluemix DevOps and cloud services with Liberty applications. The course introduces the IBM WebSphere Application Server Liberty Profile, and covers topics such as installing Liberty, using command-line tools and the IBM Eclipse Tools for Bluemix to manage Liberty Server, and monitoring and troubleshooting Liberty on Bluemix.
In the lab exercises, you build Liberty applications and push them to a Liberty Server instance on Bluemix, integrate Bluemix DevOps and cloud services with Liberty applications, and secure Liberty applications that are running on Bluemix.
For information about other related courses, visit the IBM Training website:
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the characteristics and architecture of Liberty Profile
- Create a Liberty Server on Bluemix
- Build a Liberty application and push it to Bluemix by using command-line tools, IBM Continuous Delivery, and IBM Eclipse Tools for Bluemix
- Add a service to an application on Bluemix
- Use the Bluemix utility to integrate Bluemix services into Liberty applications
- Configure security for an application on Bluemix
- Configure Bluemix application management utilities for use with Liberty
- Enable remote debugging of a Liberty application on Bluemix
- Monitor Liberty applications in Bluemix by using JConsole and other tools
- View Liberty logging and trace files
Who Can Benefit
This course is designed for Java EE application developers and WebSphere administrators who are comfortable working independently with minimal guidance.
Before taking this course, you should:
- Prepare your own computing device to use for the lab exercises (Windows, Linux, or Mac OS X)
- Have experience in developing or deploying Java EE applications