This course requires you to use your own computing device with the Windows, Linux, or Mac OS X operating system. You download and configure freely available software as part of the hands-on exercises, and use the IBM Bluemix and DevOps environments to complete the exercises. At the end of the course, you have a working runtime environment that you can continue to use.
The course introduces the WebSphere Application Server Liberty Profile and covers installation and configuration. It describes IBM cloud tools and how to use them to develop a Liberty profile application. The course also explains the Admin Center and Liberty Repository and how to use them to manage a Liberty environment.
You learn how to deploy applications and configure resources such as data sources and JMS messaging. The course also covers topics such as flexible configuration, security, monitoring and tuning, and troubleshooting.
The exercises use your computing device with an emphasis on the IBM cloud environment. You use your device as a staging environment for running the Liberty profile on Bluemix. The exercises use the DevOps environment (previously known as JazzHub) for code development, build, and deploy to Bluemix. Exercises cover installing Liberty Profile, creating application servers, deploying applications, security, and working with the MongoDB.
For information about other related courses, visit the IBM Training website:
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the characteristics and architecture of the Liberty profile
- Configure the Liberty profile and use it to test your application locally
- Deploy applications to the Liberty profile
- Create and configure Liberty profile servers
- Use the Administration Center to manage servers and applications
- Explain various ways to deploy applications
- Configure data sources and application security
- Configure application resources such as JMS messaging and JPA
- Write code by using the DevOps cloud editor
- Describe the multiple processes and tools for developing and deploying a Liberty application on Bluemix
- Describe how to use a GIT repository with DevOps
Who Can Benefit
This course is designed for Java EE application developers who are comfortable working independently with minimal guidance.
Before taking this course, you should:
- Prepare your own computing device to use for the lab exercises (Windows, Linux, or Mac OS X)
- Have experience in developing or deploying Java EE applications