Learn implementation for Information Management System (IMS) using Resource Access Control Facility (RACF) as the external security manager, and the installation provided security exit routines. Apply classroom lectures with security paper lab exercises in which you setup the security definitions.
- Identify the IMS resources that must be protected
- Identify the types of security facilities available for each resource
- Develop a plan to implement security on your IMS systems
- Identify the tasks required in IMS and RACF to implement security
- Implement security for each resource using an appropriate security facility
- Code the security definitions in IMS and RACF to protect transactions, commands, data, dependent regions, Program Specification Blocks (PSB), terminals and other resources
Who Can Benefit
This is an intermediate course for security and IMS support individuals who design, implement, or administer security for IMS systems.
You should be familiar with RACF or IMS.