This course is designed to provide the skills for basic implementation and customization of TCP/IP on z/OS.
- Describe IBM's z/OS TCP/IP product offering
- Describe the installation requirements and system customization for the z/OS TCP/IP implementation
- Define network interface attachments that produce connectivity for z/OS TCP/IP communications
- Construct TCP/IP configuration statements for z/OS to allow operation and connectivity to an existing TCP/IP network
- Configure TCP/IP for z/OS for basic communications functions
- Construct TCP/IP configuration statements for z/OS for selected TCP/IP application protocols services
Who Can Benefit
This intermediate course is for the Information Systems communications professional who is planning to install TCP/IP for z/OS and for TCP/IP users who are interested in installing and customizing IBM's TCP/IP product in interoperability environments and main applications.
You should understand:
- basic concepts and architecture of TCP/IP and the TCP/IP protocols.
You should be familiar with:
- z/OS systems and networking operations, and be familiar with z/OS UNIX Services configuration and usage.
You should also have a basic knowledge of data communications.