This course is designed to provide a fairly detailed overview of the Parallel Sysplex environment. It covers both hardware and software aspects including examples of how certain system components and subsystems exploit sysplex.
- Explain the historical perspective of sysplex
- Identify and describe the key components used in a base sysplex configuration
- Identify and describe the key components used in a Parallel Sysplex configuration
- Describe how the CF is defined and connected
- Explain time synchronization in a sysplex
- Describe the overall structure definition process, types, operational use, and some key structure characteristics
- Identify and list users of sysplex services
- Identify and describe various sysplex exploiters and subsystems
Who Can Benefit
This basic course is for z/OS system programmers, IT architects, managers, and anyone interested in understanding more about Parallel Sysplex.
You should have a general knowledge of System z and z/OS.