This one-day course provides students with foundational routing knowledge and configuration examples, and includes an overview of general routing concepts, routing policy, and firewall filters. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, you will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the Junos OS and monitoring basic device operations. This course uses Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateways for the hands-on component, but the lab environment does not preclude the course from being applicable to other Juniper hardware platforms running the Junos OS. This course is based on Junos OS Release 12.1R1.9.
- After you complete this course you will be able to:
- Explain basic routing operations and concepts
- View and describe routing and forwarding tables
- Configure and monitor static routing
- Configure and monitor OSPF
- Describe the framework for routing policy
- Explain the evaluation of routing policy
- Identify instances where you might use routing policy
- Write and apply a routing policy
- Describe the framework for firewall filters
- Explain the evaluation of firewall filters
- Identify instances where you might use firewall filters
- Write and apply a firewall filter
- Describe the operation and configuration for unicast reverse path forwarding (RPF)
Who Can Benefit
- This course benefits individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring devices running the Junos OS.
- Basic networking knowledge and an understanding of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) reference model and the TCP/IP protocol suite.
- Attend the Introduction to the Operating System (IJOS) course prior to attending this class.