This course covers a range of components,including Microsoft Azure Compute, Azure Storage, and network services thatcustomers can benefit from when deploying hybrid solutions. In this context,the term hybrid means integrating infrastructure technologies that customershost in on-premises datacenters with Azure infrastructure as a service (IaaS)and platform as a service (PaaS) services. This course offers an overview ofthese services, providing the knowledge necessary to design hybrid solutionsproperly. It also includes a number of demonstrations and labs that enablestudents to develop hands-on skills that are necessary when implementing suchsolutions. Youwill have access to all MOC On-Demand content including lab steps, videos,interactions, knowledge checks and assessments for the entire one hundred andeighty (180) days of the course. However, the labs in this course require aMicrosoft Azure subscription. As part of the first lab in the course, an AzurePass will be provisioned so you can configure a Microsoft Azure subscription ifyou choose not to use an existing subscription. The Azure Pass subscriptionwill last for up to ninety (90) days upon redemption. So you decide when toredeem the pass within the one hundred and eighty (180) day period of your MOCOn-Demand access.
After completing thiscourse, students will be able to: Describe the core concepts of Azure. Explain the primary methods forintegrating an on-premises environment with Azure virtual machines and Azurecloud services. Describe Azure hybrid networkingtechnologies. Describe the Azure services that providedata storage, management, and analytics capabilities in hybrid scenarios. Explain the use of Azure disaster recoveryand business continuity solutions for on-premises environments. Explain how to design and implementcross-premises applications. Describe Azure monitoring and managementsolutions that offer hybrid capabilities.
Who Can Benefit
This course is intendedfor IT professionals and development operations (DevOps) professionals who arewell versed in on-premises technologies and who have some knowledge of cloudtechnologies but want to learn more about integrating their on-premisesenvironments with Azure. These professionals should have at least three yearsof experience working in their respective fieldstypically, in the areas ofon-premises system administration or network administration, in addition toDevOps support. These IT professionals have broadly applicable administrationand operational skills, and they generally work for both enterprise-levelorganizations and small and medium business environments.
More specifically, the intended audience includes:
- IT professionals who have used on-premises virtualization technologies, including both Hyper-V and VMware platforms, but who want to deploy, configure, and administer services and virtual machines in Azure.
- IT professionals who have used Microsoft System Center to manage and orchestrate an on-premises server infrastructure.
- Windows and Linux administrators who are looking to evaluate and migrate on-premises workloads and services to the cloud.
- IT professionals who need to implement network connectivity between on-premises environments and services that Azure or Microsoft Office 365 hosts.
- IT professionals who want to use Azure to increase the resiliency and agility of their on-premises environments.
- DevOps personnel who are considering deploying hybrid solutions that consist of both cloud-based and on-premises components.