The Microsoft Power Platform helps organizations optimize their operations by automating routine tasks and standardizing best practices. This training provides a high-level overview of the capabilities of Microsoft Dynamics 365 and the Power Platform and provides a foundation for other Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Power Platform training offerings.
- Identify platform components.
- Understand administrator options.
- Effectively model data.
- Build a basic model driven application on the Power Platform.
- Build a basic canvas application on the Power Platform.
- Manage user’s access to data and functionality using security.
- Identify automation options available in the Power Platform.
- Identify when to use what automation.
- Create and use business rules.
- Create and use workflows.
- Create and use Microsoft Flows.
- Create and use business process flows.
- Identify key integration scenarios.
- Configure and use integrated email.
- Configure and use Outlook integration.
- Configure and use additional Office integrations.
- Import and export data.
- Enable and update first-party applications.
- Install third-party applications.
- Configure managed and unmanaged solutions.
- Update and patch solutions.
- Distribute solutions.
Who Can Benefit
A Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement Functional Consultant is responsible for performing discovery, capturing requirements, engaging subject matter experts and stakeholders, translating requirements, and configuring the solution and applications. The Functional Consultant implements a solution using out of the box capabilities, codeless extensibility, application and service integrations.
This course is designed for persons who are aspiring to the Microsoft 365 Enterprise Admin role and have completed one of the Microsoft 365 work load administrator certification paths.