This course provides students who administer and maintainSQL Server databases with the knowledge and skills to administer a SQL serverdatabase infrastructure. Additionally, it will be of use to individuals whodevelop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
Aftercompleting this course, students will be able to:
- Authenticate and authorize users
- Assign server and database roles
- Authorize users to access resources
- Protect data with encryption and auditing
- Describe recovery models and backup strategies
- Backup SQL Server databases
- Restore SQL Server databases
- Automate database management
- Configure security for the SQL Server agent
- Manage alerts and notifications
- Managing SQL Server using PowerShell
- Trace access to SQL Server
- Monitor a SQL Server infrastructure
- Troubleshoot a SQL Server infrastructure
- Import and export data
Who Can Benefit
The primary audience for this course is individuals who administerand maintain SQL Server databases. These individuals perform databaseadministration and maintenance as their primary area of responsibility, or workin environments where databases play a key role in their primary job.The secondary audiences for this course are individuals whodevelop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Some experience with database design.