In this course, you will learn how to design, implement, and maintain a Business Intelligence (BI) platform with Microsoft SQL Server 2014. Youll learn to design a data warehouse and Business Intelligence solutions including: ETL, BI Delivery, Reporting Services, Excel Reporting, SharePoint Server BI along with how to monitor and optimize a BI solution.
You will learn big data concepts and analysis using Microsoft Azure HDInsight plus how to design, implement, and process big data solutions.
This course uses Microsoft SQL Server 2014.
This course incorporates material from the Official Microsoft Learning Product 20467: Designing Business IntelligenceSolutions with Microsoft SQL Server 2014. This course maps to skills and knowledge measured by Microsoft exam 70-467, and in conjunction with on-the-job experience, can help prepare you for the exam.
- Plan the components of a BI solution
- Plan a BI infrastructure
- Design a data warehouse
- Design an ETL solution
- Plan analytical data models
- Plan a BI delivery solution
- Design a Reporting Services solution
- Design an Excel reporting solution
- Plan a SharePoint Server BI solution
- Monitor and optimize a BI solution
- Plan for BI operations
Who Can Benefit
- BI professionals such as BI architects or database professionals who need to design BI solutions
- A basic understanding of dimensional modeling (star schema) for data warehouses
- The ability to create Integration Services packages that include control flows and data flows
- The ability to create a basic multidimensional cube with Analysis Services
- The ability to create a basic tabular model with PowerPivot and Analysis Services
- The ability to create Reporting Services reports with Report Designer
- The ability to implement authentication and permissions in the SQL Server database engine, Analysis Services, and Reporting Services
- Familiarity with SharePoint Server and Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel