This course combines CIFS, NFS, and performance analysis topics into a single, in-depth one-week course. It provides the knowledge and skills that you need to administer CIFS version 1.x to 2.x and NFS versions 3, 4, and 4.1 in a clustered Data ONTA operating system. You also learn the skills you need to collect and analyze performance data from NetAp storage systems.
- By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe CIFS and NFS protocols
- Describe configuration in the clustered Data ONTAP operating system
- Use the Data ONTAP PowerShell Toolkit to write PowerShell scripts
- Use Data ONTAP operating system to configure home directories
- Review performance management for CIFS and NFS environments
- Explain troubleshooting techniques for NetApp storage systems and for clients who use the CIFS and NFS protocols
- Describe how data flows through the network and protocol layers of clustered Data ONTAP
- Define performance-related terms and describe basic methodologies
- Identify the methods that can be used to monitor and analyze storage system performance
- Explain how methods and tools can be used to collect performance data
- Use command output to analyze system performance
- Use command output from case studies to identify performance bottlenecks
- Implement configuration for recommended practices for resiliency and performance
- Locate resources and information that help you maximize system performance
Who Can Benefit
- Professionals who manage NetApp storage systems and need a deeper understanding of protocols and performance in a clustered Data ONTAP environment.
- The courses below are recommended before attending the Manage NAS and Performance on clustered Data ONTAP class.
- Clustered Data ONTAP Administration
- Hands-on experience with Data ONTAP
- (three to six months)