Welcome to the NetAp Data ONTA 7-Mode Administration course. Data ONTAP 8 is the next generation data storage operating system from NetApp. Data ONTAP 8.2 builds on the stability and reliability of the Data ONTAP 8 operating system and provides new functionality that sets it apart from all of the competition. This five-day instructor-led course enables you to perform basic support and administrative functions on a NetApp storage system running the Data ONTAP system operating in 7-Mode.
- By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Identify the various components of a NetApp storage environment
- Install and perform the setup configuration of Data ONTAP
- Perform basic administration on a storage system
- Explain and configure physical and logical storage
- Identify and configure client protocols
- State virtualization techniques available in Data ONTAP
- Describe Snapshot copies and space consumption in Data ONTAP
- Discuss backup methods available in Data ONTAP
Who Can Benefit
- This course is intended for NetApp customers, partners and employees who provide basic support and perform administrative functions of the Data ONTAP 8.2 operating system.
- Students who attend this course should have a background in system administration for UNI or Microsof Window operating systems and/or Data ONTAP 7-Mode Fundamentals (WBT)