Module 1: Introduction
- The module introduces Distributed Storage Fabric (DSF), App Mobility Fabric (AMF) and the native Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV). Additionally, the module describes Prism and other Nutanix cluster components, including Acropolis.
Module 2: Managing the Nutanix Cluster
- In this module, participants learn how to configure a Nutani x cluster, including setting up a name server and adding network connections.
- The module also shows how to use Prism Element to manage clusters and set up file system whitelists.
Module 3: Securing the Nutanix Cluster
- This module shows how to secure a Nutanix cluster through user authentication, SSL certificate installation and cluster access control.
Module 4: Networking
- In Module 4, participants learn how to manage networks using Open vSwitch (OVS). The module also describes how to configure bridges, bonds, and VLANs.
Module 5: VM Management
- This module shows how to create and manage virtual machines. Participants learn how to create a guest VM and how to import a new image they can apply to the VM.
Module 6: Health Monitoring and Alerts
- This module demonstrates how to use the Health Dashboard to monitor cluster health and performance in addition to configuring health checks for various components. The module also provides instructions for monitoring cluster performance and the handling and customization of system alerts and events
Module 7: Distributed Storage Fabric
- Module 7 provides an overview of the various Nutanix storage components, including Storage Tiers, Pools, Containers, Volume Groups, vDisks, and Datastores/SMB Shares.
Module 8: AHV Workload Migration
- This module shows how to migrate workloads in AHV.
Module 9: Services
- Module 9 demonstrates how Acropolis Block Services (ABS) provide high-availability, high-performance block storage through simple client configuration.
Module 10: Business Continuity
- This module shows how Nutanix provides comprehensive data protection at all levels of the virtual datacenter: VM, file, and volume group.
Module 11: Data Protection
- In this module, participants learn how to use the Prism Web Console to create a remote site and a Protection Domain.
Module 12: Prism Central
- The module describes the multiple capabilities of Prism Central, including monitoring and managing multiple activities across a set of clusters.
Module13: Maintaining theNutanixCluster
- This module introduces Nutanix Cluster Check (NCC), a framework of scripts that helps diagnose cluster health.
Module 14: Life Cycle Operations
- The final module provides an overview of essential life- cycle operations, including starting/stopping a Nutanix cluster, starting/shutting down a cluster node and searching/updating inventory.
- Participants will also learn how to expand a cluster, manage licenses and upgrade software and firmware.