This Oracle BI Applications 7.9.6: Implementation for Oracle EBS training provides step-by-step procedures for installing, designing, customizing and configuring Oracle Business Intelligence (BI) Applications and Oracle Business Intelligence Warehouse (OBAW). It begins by exploring Oracle BI Applications components and architecture.
- Install and configure Oracle Business Intelligence Applications and Oracle Business Analytics Warehouse.
- Explore prebuilt ETL metadata, including Informatica workflows and mappings and DAC metadata.
- Use the Data Warehouse Administration Console (DAC) to configure, manage and load the Oracle Business Analytics Warehouse.
- Customize Informatica and DAC metadata.
- Customize the Oracle Business Analytics Warehouse.
- Manage Oracle Business Analytics Applications security and performance.
- Explore the prebuilt extract, transform and load (ETL) metadata that ships with the products to gain an understanding of the ETL process and the relationships between the architecture components.
- Review Informatica ETL tools by building custom ETL mappings and workflows.
Benefits to You
Enrolling in this course gives you the opportunity to view demonstrations of the installation steps and then perform post-installation configuration of Oracle BI Applications, OBAW and supporting technology. After the initial exploration, you'll use Informatica and the Data Warehouse Administration Console (DAC) to configure ETL metadata and run an execution plan to load Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) data into the OBAW. After the data is loaded, expert Oracle University instructors will teach you how to customize the OBAW by adding columns to an existing dimension table, along with adding a new dimension.
- Customize and extend the OBAW
- Manage the security and performance of Oracle BI Applications
- Customize DAC metadata
- Explore Oracle Business Intelligence Applications foundational concepts and architecture
- Install and configure Oracle BI Applications
- Explore the prebuilt extract, transform, and load (ETL) metadata for Oracle BI Applications
- Use the Data Warehouse Administration Console (DAC) to run ETL routines to populate the OBAW
- Explore Oracle Business Analytics Warehouse (OBAW) foundational concepts and architecture
Who Can Benefit
- Application Developers
- Business Intelligence Developer
- Data Modelers
- Data Warehouse Administrator
- Data Warehouse Analyst
- Data Warehouse Developer
- Technical Consultant
- Working knowledge of Informatica PowerMart or PowerCenter
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Experience in Business Intelligence
- Knowledge of Dimensional modeling, and database design