This Oracle Essbase 11.1.2 Bootcamp teaches you the principal techniques and theories to design Essbase block storage databases. Block storage databases are deployed independently for budgeting, forecasting and planning, and as the underlying data storage and analytic engine for Hyperion Planning applications.
- Create block storage databases.
- Build rules files.
- Analyze data with Smart View.
- Create basic calculations.
- Extend analysis capabilities.
- Create a database outline, load data into the database and analyze data with Smart View.
- Perform advanced analysis on the database by implementing varying attribute dimensions and typed measures.
Benefits to You
Learn how to improve your organization’s performance through better, more informed decisions using Oracle Essbase, the market leading online analytical processing (OLAP) server for Enterprise Performance Management. Become more efficient at forecasting, variance analysis, root cause identification, scenario planning and what-if modeling to better align your organization’s resources and improve business results.
During this course, you'll also create calculation scripts (to calculate data for different scenarios). Design discussions and hands-on activities will help you practice the new skills you're learning.
*This course is also suitable for customers using Oracle Essbase 11.1.1.
- Create block storage databases
- Create dimensions using rules files
- Load data using rules files
- Analyze data with Smart View
- Describe multidimensional calculation
- Create basic database calculations
- Analyze dimension attributes
- Analyze non-numeric data
Who Can Benefit
- Business Analysts
- Business Intelligence Developer
- Database Administrators
- Database Designers