This Oracle Database 11g: Backup and Recovery Workshop will teach you how to evaluate your own recovery requirements. You'll learn to develop an appropriate strategy for backup and recovery procedures; please note that this course is based on Oracle Database 11g Release 2 Patch Set 1.
- Develop appropriate backup and recovery procedures to address your business needs.
- Employ Oracle Database recovery procedures to recover from media failure.
- Use Flashback Technologies to complement backup and recovery procedures.
Benefits to You
By enrolling in this course, you'll get a chance to participate in hands-on practices and workshops that give you experience working within a realistic technical environment. These interactive workshops give you the opportunity to diagnose and recover from numerous failure scenarios, based on backup and recovery case studies.
Backup & Recovery Techniques
This course reviews the backup and recovery techniques discussed in the Oracle Database 11g: Administration Workshop I and II courses. Expert Oracle University instructors will help you examine various backup, failure, restore and recovery scenarios.
Recovery Manager (RMAN) & Enterprise Manager
Please note that you're expected to have some knowledge of Recovery Manager (RMAN) and Enterprise Manager, as you'll use RMAN and Enterprise Manager to perform backup and recovery operations. Flashback features are also described as an additional way to recover from various errors.
- Perform tablespace point-in-time recovery
- Describe the Oracle Database architecture components related to backup and recovery operations
- Describe additional high availability features such as Oracle Data Guard and Oracle Secure Backup
- Plan effective backup and recovery procedures
- Describe Oracle Database backup methods and recovery operations that can be used to resolve database failure
- Configure the database for recoverability
- Use Recovery Manager (RMAN) to create backups and perform recovery operations
- Use the Data Recovery Advisor to diagnose and repair failures
- Use Oracle Flashback Technologies to recover from human error
- Perform an encrypted database backup and restore
- Knowledge of Oracle Database administration
- Knowledge of RMAN and Enterprise Manager